Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing #23 - Summary

1. I really enjoyed learning about Google docs, Nings, Delicious, LibraryThing, and Flickr. I think that these tools can be quite useful many, and especially for educators and students.


2. I think that I am more motivated now having worked through the 23 Things to be more dedicated to learning about what's new and is part of the new trends in learning, education and libraries.


3. Unexpected outcomes? I was surprised at how much I "piddled" at some of these websites. I knew that it would take a while to complete each thing, but I didn't expect that I would get so sidetracked on the many tangents available for exploration.


4. In some ways it seems that some of the things could have been condensed somewhat, (ex: #7 and #18 - the Google things) However, it was nice in some ways because we had been partially exposed to what was there, and so it didn't take quite as long.


5. I would be very likely participate in another training. However, if I didn't feel like I could do it adequately because of my sometimes insane schedule, I might opt out. (Hopefully, the next course won't be quite as long!)


6. How would I describe this experience? I did it! This is especially true after I completed my PhotoStory book review.



I have learned much about the new technologies that are available and am looking forward to using them with friends, teachers, and students in a variety of settings, and not just my workplace.

No comments: