Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing # 20 - TeacherTube & YouTube

Whooo Hooo! I'm making progress in completing 23 Things! Although I've GOT to get this finished pretty soon, because I'm concerned that Tropical Storm Eduardo is going to come ashore Tuesday morning sometime and we might lose power, and then, oh DREAD, I would have no computer & no INTERNET!! So, onward ho!


The Evaluating Websites Tutorial ... using the CARS method to evaluate sites was good. I like the words associated with that mnemonic device: Credibility, Accuracy, Reasonableness, and Support. I wish that the author would have reminded us of what CARS stood for at the end, but that's a personal preference.


Three Steps: WOW! What a great video to motivate teachers to use technology in their classrooms! I want to show this to my principal, and encourage her to show this to the faculty. I think it would be cool to have teachers do the 23 things over the course of the school year.


Portal to Texas History... What a great way to showcase what an awesome collection! The PORTAL to TEXAS HISTORY hosted by the University of North Texas Libraries is a great resource! I will be sure to show this to teachers!


I spent quite a bit of time looking for a video that I really liked. I ended up using Zamzar to convert the file to an .avi format. (Thankfully I didn't have to wait long for them to convert it, as my husband is an avid user of Zamzar and has a paid account.)

Finally I found one called "Librarian 2.0 Manifesto" on TeacherTube. It is a series of "I Will .... " statements about being proactive in providing library services. I am comfortable with nearly all of the statements, but towards the end, a few are a little uncomfortable for me. Something to work on!


It took quite a while to get this video re-formatted and then loaded, but Yippee! It loaded!!

No comments: