Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #8 - Screen Capture

As I started learning about Screen Capture, I thought of lots of ways to use this. And, when I told my husband about this and explained it to him a little, he was also intrigued. [I suggested that he make a screen capture video explaining how to do a very technical part of his job.]

After reading comments, I tried downloading Jing on my home computer. That was a somewhat cumbersome process that may have had more to do with home issues than with Jing issues.

I frequently advise teachers "How to clean-up their computers" so that they will run faster. So, I attempted to make a screen-cast of how to do this using Jing and upload it to screencast.com. I was successful at the video part, but the sound on my home computer's microphone wasn't working, but I think that if you watch it, you can still figure out what to do.
Here it is:



I can see lots of possibilities with this!!!

No comments: