Wednesday, July 8, 2009

11.5 Things - Thing 2: Image Generators 2

GLOGSTER - Wow! This is pretty darn cool! I can think of many ways to incorporate this into student learning.



It has taken quite a while to finish my glog, but here it is:

http://soelibrarian.glogster.com/Saturn-Glog/

I wanted to work on one so that I had an idea of how long it would take to put one together. I can see quite a few uses for glogster, especially in upper elementary, and up. I think that students would enjoy working on this project. In order to do a good job, they would need to think about content, perhaps a bit more - rather than just searching for the first picture that they find (either in print or online). With the ability to embed video and audio, it certainly adds a whole new level of information to the "poster project."



I am fairly familiar with wordle and my daughter (who will be in 2nd grade) did an animoto for father's day, that is TOOOOO cute.



Wordsift is cool. I like the ability to pull words into the visual thesaurus. I think that could be very helpful for some of our bilingual students. (Although it could be somewhat confusing also.....Hmmmm.)


Bookr : I wasn't sure quite what to do with Bookr when I opened it. But after a few minutes, it seemed fairly intuitive and simple. I love that you can pull images from Flickr. Being able to add text and more pages is really a cool feature to this simple website. I can see nearly all ages of computer users being able to do this, even kinder and first graders, and they would be sooo proud of themselves! This is also a cool way to present information. I looked a a few of the other bookr projects. I'm guessing that one of the people who did a project that I looked at was another person doing an 11.5 things type of project, because it was about the boy with the talking tooth. It was a cute presentation, but a little fiction story. So, students could write and illustrate their stories on here as well. Fun, fun, and more fun!
[When I did the bookr project on Butterflys I was not aware that you could adjust the picture up or down a little. Knowing this would have resulted in a better positioning of the text over the picture. Live & learn!]

On to more fun!

2 comments:

atxteacher said...

Your Saturn Glog is awesome. It's one of the best digital posters I've seen. I think I tried to make mine too complex. Yours is exactly what a good poster should be. Wow! Thanks for the example!

VWB said...

Would you try loading some of your samples to the blog. Being able to view things directly is a key advantage of the 2.0 world.

(double check your wordle link?)