Wednesday, July 8, 2009

11.5 Things - Thing 1: Registration & Video Reflection

Wow, more web 2.0 things to learn about!

I've really enjoyed watching the The Networked Student - The Movie video on You-Tube. I've watched it a couple of times so that I could think about and ponder what was being introduced.

I think that librarians can definitely be in the role of the "teacher", or can assist and help the student with their project. I LOVE the tags near the end about the teacher being the LEARNING ARCHITECT and the LEARNING CONCIERGE. They sound soooo much more interesting than teacher.

I looked at a couple of other sbl postings. I posted a comment on L'l Bit of This & That's blog.
Mainly I agreed that her that students would love this, but teachers would need a lot of training, and for this to work full time and replace text books, students would need their own laptop, which would cost $$$$$. I have my doubts about the feasability of this working for elementary - especially primary grades. But, I do think that it might work when limited projects are given for elementary students.

Well, I'm off to learn more new cool things!

No comments: