Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing # 5 - Fun with Flickr


One of my first experiences with Flicker was when one of the father's of another player on my son's soccer team took pictures of all of the kids playing soccer. He wanted to share them with people easily, so, he loaded them to Flickr, then sent us the link to it. That sure did make it easy to be able to share the pictures of our kids and let the grandparents and other relatives "oooh and aaah" over how much fun our children had playing their favorite sport.


I explored the geo-tagging and was intrigued with the idea that my students could take pictures of what their life is like, and then compare it to other areas of the world. I think that this will have some great possibilities.


I am also inspired to show this to my art teacher and let her post our student's art on here, but also she could help students discover art as well.


This is one website that I will continue to use!!


Happy summer!
Sherri

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great pictures! I agree - Flikr has so many uses; I may take your geo-tagging idea and adapt it to English - I think it has possibilities; thanks for the idea.