Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing #8: RSS feeds

I used bloglines to set up an RSS feed to keep track of some of the various things that I want to attempt to keep up with. I have also (inadvertently) set up a set of feeds @ http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=68929 I found a couple of feeds for personal use, as well as several for more professional development, including those of people I work with. I'm looking forward to learning & seeing new things on here!

I think that some of the feeds that I've subscribed to will offer ideas and advice on how to take advantage of utilizing some of the new technology and web 2.0 things that are available. I hope to be able to use some of these with students and teachers.

One of the feeds that I subscribed to was church related. My husband wanted to know if I had signed him up as well. I told him that I would show him how to do it, but that he needed to learn to do it himself. But, he was very interested in knowing that these were available.


Librarians can use RSS feeds to help keep themselves current in their field and possibly be in a better position to "know a little about everything" - something that I think is important for information professionals.

On to more adventures in 23 things!

Happy summer (thankfully - still!)

Sherri

No comments: