Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #6 - Making Mashups

The Trading card maker is something that could be very useful in the classroom. Fun for kids (& adults) to do.... It's a way that they could do a report on a scientist, state, animal, dinosaur, etc. and yet incorporate technology easily. One other idea that I had was to do invention cards, and then match the inventor to the invention in sets of cards.

Some of the other things at Big Huge Lab's website that I thought looked interesting were the CD label maker, the Magazine cover, Movie Poster, and the Warholizer, (great for art!).

I thought that The Cube could be an interesting tool if someone were reviewing a concept, and wanted to create a picture cube that could be used to stimulate discussion.

I spent some time trying to make a trading card. I didn't realize that I needed to use a .jpg or similar photo format when I tried to load a picture from a URL. It didn't work and I've ran out of time that I've allotted myself to work on this. Oh well.... It was fun and I've learned a little more about this than I knew!

Happy Summer!
Sherri

No comments: